Plex for Android Unlocked APK
Updated on: July 15, 2018
Requires Android: Varies
Developer: Plex, Inc.
Plex for Android Unlocked APK allows you to browse and play your video, photos, and music right on your Android device, streamed from Plex Media Server on your Mac or your PC. Media is available from CNET, Revision3 and a many other popular online sources. With Plex Media Server for Mac you can stream additional content from Aperture, iPhoto, and iTunes.
FILES FROM ANYWHERE
• Play files saved to your phone or SD card (beta – video files only)
• Stream files from your home computer running Windows, Mac, or Linux (requires free Plex Media Server app)
• Stream files from your home NAS device (requires free Plex Media Server app)
• (Plex Pass) Stream files from your Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive
To get the free Plex Media Server app for your home Windows, Mac, Linux, or NAS device, visit https://www.plex.tv/downloads
• Play almost any kind of video file, including MKV, MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, and more
• Automatically organize your TV episodes and movies with beautiful posters and descriptions
• Cast videos to your Chromecast, Apple TV, or other devices
• Full support for subtitles, including SRT, PGS, SSA/ASS
• Easily share your video collection with friends and family – or let it stay private
• (Plex Pass) Record TV and watch on your mobile devices (requires tuner device)
• (Plex Pass) Watch live TV on your Android TV (requires tuner device)
• (Plex Pass) See movie trailers and extras for your collection
• (Plex Pass) Set parental controls to tailor your family’s experience
• (Plex Pass) Wirelessly sync videos to your phone for offline playback
• Play almost any kind of music file, including MP3, M4A, FLAC, ALAC, and more
• Automatically organize your music collection with album artwork and metadata
• Easily share your music collection with friends and family – or let it stay private
• (Plex Pass) Create automatic mixes with Plex Mix and mood mix
• (Plex Pass) Show lyrics for recognized music
• (Plex Pass) Wirelessly sync music to your phone for offline playback
• Automatically upload photos & videos from your phone to your home computer
• Organize your photo collection with timeline view
• (Plex Pass) Automatic photo tagging based on computer vision
App crashes displaying lyrics under certain circumstances.
Long play queues don’t extend correctly.
ExoPlayer v2: support for playing videos with no audio stream.
ExoPlayer v2: ensure video size is supported on the decoder.
ExoPlayer v2: ensure software decoded videos are displayed at the correct size.
[Mobile] Changing orientation wouldn’t move offset to selected timed lyrics.
[TV] News: focus is lost from video player when the app goes fullscreen.
[TV] App could crash if there is no background for the preplay item.
[TV] Don’t perform actions when the HUD is invisible in players.
[TV] News: app would crash after last item in play queue completed.
[TV] Letter jumps were wrong if the library had collections.
NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE AT https://plex.tv/downloads ) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM LOCAL MEDIA. VERSION 0.9.11.1 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content, ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported.